here is just a short post about some songs I’ve had on repeat this summer.
- changing of the seasons – two door cinema club
- this is the life – two door cinema club
- something good can work – two door cinema club
- best song ever – one direction
- teenage dirtbag wheatus
- trying to be cool – phoenix
- 1901 – phoenix
- diet mountain dew – lana del rey
- radio – lana del rey
- you – the 1975
- safe and sound – capital cities
- chartreuse – capital cities
- out of my league – fitz and the tantrums
- hold on when you get love and let go when you give it – stars
- beach – san cisco
- unbelievers – vampire weekend
- step – vampire weekend
- do i wanna know – arctic monkeys
- creep in a t-shirt – portugal. the man
- sofie – the crookes
Now going a bit more into detail…
Changing of the Seasons is Two Door Cinema Club’s new song off their upcoming EP (single released August 20!) It only aired two days ago, but I am already obsessed. I will definitely be listening to it for a loooong time. Especially when the new EP comes out. I am beyond excited. I also included two other TDCC’s songs (I had a hard time picking), which I will never, ever, tire of. Give them a listen.
If you want teen pop rock, here it is. After hearing One Direction’s cover of Teenage Dirtbag at their concert, I had to give the original a listen again. I had it on repeat for days after the concert. Brendan B. Brown’s vocals take some getting used to though! It’s a song that’ll easily get stuck in my head.
I mean, just look at the artwork. Safe and Sound was just so catchy, and after seeing them at Osheaga I began to enjoy Chartreuse A LOT. Although their songs sound very produced, they are amazing live.
Again, this artwork is beautiful. Plus side – this band is Canadian. I’ve listen to Hold On When You Get Love and Let Go When You Give It (phew I’m out of breath) on repeat ever since The North album came out. Listened to it even more before Osheaga. Who could not like the indie-pop feel of this band?
I love love love this band. Listen to Sofie, Afterglow, and Maybe in the Dark. You will understand.
Hope you enjoyed my summer playlist post! What have you been listening to this summer?